This nail design was inspired by the Catrice Urban Baroque limited edition collection. It aims to combine Baroque elegance with a dirty, vintage feel.
Here are the items I used to create it:
- base coat by OPI
- a pale pink nail varnish (C02 Rock Baroque from the Urban Baroque LE collection by Catrice)
- a black nail varnish and tip painter (both from the Essence I Love Berlin LE collection)
- a matte top coat (by Essence)
- a medium and a small dotting tool.
Begin by applying a base coat. Once that is dry, apply several layers of the pale pink until the color is opaque.
With the black tip painter, create a french tip on your pinky, middle and index fingers.
Next, dab a bit of the black nailpolish on a scrap sheet of paper and create the baroque-inspired vase shape on your ring finger and thumb. To show you how I created the design, here is a step-by-step closeup on a sheet of paper:
1. With the medium dotting tool create five dots in a triangle-shape, closer to the tip of your nail.
2. With the small dotting tool or a toothpick, drag the nailpolish from the dots downwards to a point below the center of the triangle. From the top dot, drag an additional line upwards.
3. With the medium dotting tool, create a large wide “dot” just below the point where the dot-lines meet.
4. Drag two C-shaped curls from the dot, downwards. Create two short lines under the wide C-shape.
5. Add a few small dots around the vase design.
While the designs on your ring fingers and thumbs are drying, add three small black dots at the base of each of the french tip nails.
Wait at least 40 minutes until all of the layers have completely dried. Then apply a matte top coat to your nails. This will give the design that dirty vintage feel.
If you’re not satisfied with the “matte-ness” of the top coat, you can always add an extra layer to enhance the effect. Once that is dry, you’re done! Enjoy ;) XO